June 13, 2013

That Time We Made A Shop

I thought I'd share a few pics I took on my phone during the fit-out of the Ponsonby shop. It was such a crazy, dirty, tiring, stressful, expensive time!! It was amazing! We did the whole thing with the help of family and friends - for a small business with an equally small budget this was a life saver! We literally couldn't have done it with out them. Over that time we designed, built walls, wired lights, put down a floor, fixed walls, wall papered (with vintage paper from the 1930s!)plastered, scraped, sanded, stained, painted, fixed old furniture and turned a basically empty concrete shell into the little wonderland it is today. I think the guys in Bunnings got sick of seeing me there everyday! I was basically at the shop night and day for weeks with the family kind of working shifts they could. Poor Seth would work all day at the Zoo then come work the night at the shop. I was constantly filthy and wearing gross outfits. I got used to wandering around covered head to toe in white plaster. It was actually quite liberating looking disgusting in public and not giving a rip! I pretty much owe my family favours for the rest of my life but it was worth it! I love my new shop so much. It's so awesome when people have such great reactions when they first come in. I've never slept as sound as I did when I was doing hard labour. PS. Turns out after we built, gibed and plastered the walls our level was broken! So don't look to closely when you're in-store! haha! xxx  photo PicMonkeyCollage-2.jpg  photo PicMonkeeyCollage.jpg  photo PicMonkey7Collage.jpg  photo PicMonkey2Collage.jpg  photo PicMonkey1Collage.jpg  photo PicMonkey3Collage.jpg  photo PicMonkey4Collage.jpg  photo PicMonkey6Collage.jpg  photo 578956_496406173711730_394333438_n.jpg Sorry about the bad phone pics! The place was way to grubby to have my camera there! xxx

3 comments:

  1. Ouwwww frankie hehheheh he made a good accesories to the shop :) loge ur shop forever ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the hard work paid off the result is fantastic !! We love your shop !! Pauline

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome sis so proud of you..i think mum felt the same tiredness lol from all the prep work :-)

    ReplyDelete