April 2, 2013

Time to Learn!

Learning to sew has been on my to do list for a long time - so this year I registered in a beginners sewing and pattern making night class. I'm really enjoying it so far, although I think I'm more of "BEGINNER!" than your average beginner. I'm still trying to reign in the industrial machine that seems to only have one out of control speed, and I'm still trying to put together a very simple gathered skirt that just seems to have a mind of it's own. I know a new skill takes time and practice but I wish the process could speed up and I could be whipping up dress's for myself in a night. I've become obsessed with Vintage Patterns on ETSY. There's hundreds of them! Hopefully I can try tackle one soon!? I'm a little doubtful though. Should probably finish my gathered skirt first huh! Here's some of my favourite pattern finds so far:  photo PicMonkeydRESSCollage.jpg  photo PicMonkeyDRESSSSCollage.jpg

1 comment:

  1. So many lovely patterns! Sewing is such a useful and fun skill to have. Keep practicing and you will be sewing dresses in no time! :) xx

    ReplyDelete